Thursday, July 9, 2009

Winding down SOL 2.0 Day 2

Things have been going well, but it gets tiring, I can tell my temper is getting a little frayed.
It's hard to maintain all of it.  Someone from the press wants a video, someone tweets me, tthe highway is jammed, my family calls - is this the telematic embrace?  In some ways, it's brutal.  People see your every move.  

It's the ticket you buy, but is it worth it?

Well, today, we talked about outer space vs. cyberspace.  Is our love for the universe suddenly turned inward?  A lot of people say yes, some reject the turn away from the stars.  A lot of it is generational.  Perhaps this is a generation who remember the Apollo program well.   My students do not; they are mostly post-Nintendo kids.  They know the shuttle, but don;t know the Moon.  They might know Star Trek the Next Generation, but not the original for what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment